This website is operated by Al's Auto Services (SW) Ltd supplying motoring services.
* the personal information we collect about you;
* what we do with your information, and
* who your information might be shared with.
Who we are
Al's Auto Services (SW) Ltd are a 'date controller' for the purposes of the General Data Protect Regulation 2018 (GDPR), which supersedes the Date Protection Act 1998, (i.e we are responsible for, and control the processing of your personal information).
What information do we collect?
Personal information provided by you. We collect the following personal information about you when you use our services:
* Basic personal details such as your name, address, email address, telephone number,
* Additional information regarding your vehicle including the registration, VIN number, service history, any works undertaken, insurance policy details, MOT and Tax status of the vehicle.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can;
* Identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
* maintain a service record for your vehicle;
* assessing your enquiry for a service or quote;
* contact you to ensure you are satisfied with the services we have provided.
We may also offer enhanced services including MOT and service reminders where we believe this would be helpful or of interest.
Where your vehicle manufacturer maintains an electronic service record of your vehicle, we may share details of any work with your manufacturer so that an accurate record can be kept.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal date, for example:
* access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
* we store your personal data on secure servers.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information.
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of it please:
* call or write to us (See below)
* let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of driving licence or passport and a recent utility bill or credit card bill).
* let us know the information you want a copy of, including reference numbers, if you have them.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. if you would like to do this, please:
* call or write to us (See below)
* let us have enough information to identify you, eg: reference number, registration number,
* let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us please write to Al's Auto Services (SW) Ltd, Unit 19, Westover Industrial Estate, Ermington Road, Ivybridge, PL21 9ES or call use on 01752 415969.